Automated Vision Inspection Systems
SDC is a custom manufacturer of vision inspection systems, which can be programmed to automatically verify many different features on your products and assemblies.
Vision inspection systems, also known as machine vision systems, provide image-based inspection to automate and improve the efficiency of industrial and manufacturing applications. 2D and 3D machine vision systems are commonly used for automated inspection, robot guidance, quality control and sorting, and more.
Applications of Automated Vision Inspection Systems:
- Part verification (orientation, function, dimension, finished part features)
- Presence/Absence detection
- Defect detection
- Optical character recognition & verification
- Automated vision test & measurement
- Color verification
- Pattern matching
- Barcode reading and traceability
- Vision guided robot/robot guidance
Success Achieved Through Innovation Recent Projects & Case Studies
The customer turned to the experts at Steven Douglas Corp. (SDC) to design and build an automatic resin distributing and stacking cell for large...
The customer requested a fully automated system to feed and assemble three parts: a wick, plastic holder, and a small nail for a home...