project scope 3-Part automated assembly machine
SDC developed a custom, fully automated high-speed system to produce automotive electrical connectors for a global supplier.
This high-speed machine operates at 6,000 finished parts per hour
what's included machine details
Custom Assembly & Processing Machine Details
SDC designed and built a fully automated 3-part machine with a custom tooled SDChassis to assemble automotive electrical connectors. The machine is controlled by a custom written PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) interfaced with an HMI (Human Machine Interface) to deliver consistent feedback and system monitoring. This high-speed machine operates at 6,000 finished parts per hour.
The fully customized system includes:
- CAM driven rotary indexing platform with 32-position dial
- Fully automated feed and load stations with automatic pick-and-place onto indexing platform dial
- Custom parts fixtures
- Custom automated part sorting into “lock-box”
- All operations are followed by a verify station
- Reject/head clean out station