project scope 3-Part automated assembly machine
SDC developed a custom, fully automated high-speed system to produce automotive electrical connectors for a global supplier.
This high-speed machine operates at 6,000 finished parts per hour
what's included machine details
Custom Assembly & Processing Machine Details
SDC designed and built a fully automated 3-part machine with a custom tooled SDChassis to assemble automotive electrical connectors. The machine is controlled by a custom written PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) interfaced with an HMI (Human Machine Interface) to deliver consistent feedback and system monitoring. This high-speed machine operates at 6,000 finished parts per hour.
The fully customized system includes:
- CAM driven rotary indexing platform with 32-position dial
- Fully automated feed and load stations with automatic pick-and-place onto indexing platform dial
- Custom parts fixtures
- Custom automated part sorting into “lock-box”
- All operations are followed by a verify station
- Reject/head clean out station
This project was presented to SDC in search of a cost-effective, high-speed material handling system for glass bottles. The SDC system needed to automatically...
The customer turned to the experts at Steven Douglas Corp. (SDC) to design and build an automatic resin distributing and stacking cell for large...