project scope 7-Part Automated Assembly Machine
SDC designed and built a custom assembly machine for surgical sterilization capsules with material handling capabilities and product labeling.
what's included machine details
This automated work cell features our custom tooled SDChassis with a 16-position CAM driven rotary indexing platform. The machine is controlled by a custom written PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) that interfaces with an HMI (Human Machine Interface). It operates at 1,200 finished parts per hour.
The fully customized system includes:
- Manual loaded 2-piece clamshell with automatic pick-and-place
- Custom heat strip pick-and-place with Cognex vision inspection
- Vibration weld clamshell assembly station
- Heat filter feed, cut, and insertion station
- End cap feeder station with SDChassis insertion
- Verify station follows all operations
- Reject/head clean out station
- Automated unload pick-and-place to labeling machine
The customer turned to the experts at Steven Douglas Corp. (SDC) to design and build an automatic resin distributing and stacking cell for large...
The customer requested a fully automated system to feed and assemble three parts: a wick, plastic holder, and a small nail for a home...