project scope 7-Part Automated Assembly Machine
SDC designed and built a custom assembly machine for surgical sterilization capsules with material handling capabilities and product labeling.
what's included machine details
This automated work cell features our custom tooled SDChassis with a 16-position CAM driven rotary indexing platform. The machine is controlled by a custom written PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) that interfaces with an HMI (Human Machine Interface). It operates at 1,200 finished parts per hour.
The fully customized system includes:
- Manual loaded 2-piece clamshell with automatic pick-and-place
- Custom heat strip pick-and-place with Cognex vision inspection
- Vibration weld clamshell assembly station
- Heat filter feed, cut, and insertion station
- End cap feeder station with SDChassis insertion
- Verify station follows all operations
- Reject/head clean out station
- Automated unload pick-and-place to labeling machine
The customer requested a fully automated system to feed and assemble three parts: a wick, plastic holder, and a small nail for a home...
SDC designed and developed an automated assembly machine that consisted of two servo indexing chassis’, surrounded by multiple SDC Flex Feeders and Vibratory Bowl...
Consumer Products / Pharmaceutical & Medical
The customer requested a method to manufacture CPAP assemblies at a rate that met the demand, maintained the pace of the connected mold, and...