Project scope Polishing & Grinding Machine
SDC’s expert design and engineering team built a fully automated, high-speed processing machine to polish and grind ceramic parts used in lighting products.
what's included machine details
This fully automated work cell includes an HMI (Human Machine Interface) to deliver consistent feedback and system monitoring and a robotic controller for in-feed/out-feed of parts, all while delivering 1,200 finished parts per hour.
The fully customized system includes:
- Custom written PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) interfaced with an HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- CAM driven rotary indexing table with 16 positions
- All parts fixturing designed and manufactured by SDC
- CAM derived motions power: auto polishing, auto grinding, and auto discharge pick-and-place motion
- Custom SDC 2-axis servo grinding station
- Automatic pallet handling Bosch Power & Free Conveyor
- Robotic loading/in-feed
- SCARA robotic unloading/out-feed
The customer requested a fully automated system to feed and assemble three parts: a wick, plastic holder, and a small nail for a home...
SDC designed and developed an automated assembly machine that consisted of two servo indexing chassis’, surrounded by multiple SDC Flex Feeders and Vibratory Bowl...
Consumer Products / Pharmaceutical & Medical
The customer requested a method to manufacture CPAP assemblies at a rate that met the demand, maintained the pace of the connected mold, and...